running vietcong

paradiddle1984 00:17 27 Jun 03

hey all, ive recently installed vietcong on my pc, once installed i can play to my hearts content, problem omes when i have turned my pc back on and want to play again, i put the disk in and the prompt pops up to play/uninstall/go on the web. I click play and nothing happens, nothing at all. So i try double clicking the vietcong item on the desktop, nothing happens. The only way i can get a game is to uninstall then reinstall. But then when i shut down and restart the problem is back again. This isnt good because im losing my saved games. Can anyone help??

powerless 00:23 27 Jun 03

Well all you do is backup the SAVE's folder.

But...What about copying the shortcut? Then when you restart click the copied and pasted shortcut?

Also what operating system?

hugh-265156 00:26 27 Jun 03

have you patched it? click here

paradiddle1984 00:30 27 Jun 03

yes ive got the new uptodate patch, point is i shouldnt have to reinstall a game everytime i want to play it. I should just be able 2 click the icon and away i go. Im running xp pro btw

powerless 00:36 27 Jun 03

I'm running an unpatched version with XP home - all is well here.

Go to start > Run > Type:

eventvwr.msc

Click ok and look at the application logs for ERRORS.

that this game is having a few problems....

click here

reminds me of GTA... yet i never had any problems with that!

paradiddle1984 14:17 29 Jun 03

well i havent found any errors either in the application log, its doing it with all my games, ive just tried enter the matrix as well

rickf 17:04 29 Jun 03

What graphics card have you got. Something like this happened to me on enter the matrix and I discover by chance that the display settings on windows interface and that of the card were different. I then set the settings on the card controls and everything is fine now. At one stage I was also getting runs on the display as well 'cause the game had soemhow reset the refresh rate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…