Running Two XP OS And I only Want One

DavidM4 22:21 11 Jul 06

I have sold the wife's notebook and wanted to return it more or less back to the factory settings but some how I have managed to install XP onto the second partition, how do I get rid? So I don't have the prompt on start up? I need to post it tomorrow. Cheers in advance, DM

Diversion 22:29 11 Jul 06

Just delete it from the second partition.

ArrGee 22:31 11 Jul 06

Have a look here....click here

ArrGee 22:31 11 Jul 06

Or....

ArrGee 22:32 11 Jul 06

The additional entries can be removed by modifying the Boot.ini file. Alternately, you can use the Check All Boot Paths option available in MSConfig (System Configuration utility).

Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG
Select the Boot.ini tab
Click Check All Boot Paths button
MSConfig will now quickly verify each line mentioned in the Boot.ini to check if they are valid. If orphaned entries are detected, you'll be prompted with this dialog:

It appears that the following line in the BOOT.INI file does not refer to a valid operating system:

"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional " /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn"

Would you like to remove it from the BOOT.INI file?

Choose Yes when the dialog box appears. This will remove the incorrect entry from Boot.ini file.

DavidM4 19:39 13 Jul 06

It's all a bit too complexed for a computer halfwit like me so I just sent it as is, cheers anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…