Running two digital cameras

diddi.ash 12:49 11 Feb 05

Is it possible without conflicting to run two digital camera programes on my computer (WINDOWS XP) as i have a kodak easyshare CX4230 and my husband has just bought a olympus CAMEDIA C-160, and before i install the software for it, i thought i better check!
thanks in advance
Andrea

john-232317 13:24 11 Feb 05

I have had three on XP, but in the end took them out and use Picasa 2, its a really good free program.

click here

Stuartli 13:33 11 Feb 05

Are you talking about photo editing programs or the means to download the files from your camera?

If it's the former you can have several in use without problems - I have four or five at present and use which seems the best for the purpose in mind.

diddi.ash 13:35 11 Feb 05

I just want to download the files from the camera then print them onto glossy paper!

john-232317 13:38 11 Feb 05

Use Picasa 2, its really easy to use.

diddi.ash 13:43 11 Feb 05

so if i use this do i just plug the olympus usb cable in?

diddi.ash 13:44 11 Feb 05

I forgot to say that i already have the kodak software installed!

john-232317 13:47 11 Feb 05

Plug it in, switch on camaera and a window will pop up with all the photo editing programs on your PC, select Picasa 2, and away you go. You can edit, print etc from it.

FelixTCat 14:10 11 Feb 05

You might like to consider getting a card reader to connect to a USB socket on your computer. They are very cheap and one reader can read just about every type of card. All you then do is remove the card from your camera, plug it into the reader and it shows up like a new drive on yout computer. Copy the pictures to any folder you like on your computer and use Picasa (or any other program) to edit etc your pictures. You don't then need ANY camera software.

This will work even if you only have USB 1 on your computer and will be faster that doing a transfer direct from your camera

VideoSentry 14:19 11 Feb 05

Let me know what type of cards you are trying to read, and if one of My excess card readers is compatible you can have it. (Free)
Brian. (I have new pewter with reader installed )

diddi.ash 14:32 11 Feb 05

They are memory 16 MB cards MMC, I THINK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…