Running TV on your PC

nodad 15:50 07 Nov 04

Can anyone give some advice. I am running a 2yr old PC, windows XP, 160GB gard disk. I want to run TV on it,has anyone done this and if so what are the pro's and con's. would appreciate any help before I spend any money on equipment. Thanks in anticipation.

stalion 16:04 07 Nov 04

this is a good make of tv card.You need to run a connection from your tv and if you want to use video or camcorder you need to get the version that supports svideo in.If you need more info post back click here

bremner 16:08 07 Nov 04

A TV Tuner card is a relatively cheap add on. click here

Ensure a good aerial connection and everything should be fine.

Graham ® 16:13 07 Nov 04

I think what stalion means is you must have an aerial connection to the card, either from a normal aerial, or more likely, from a Sky, etc., box.

Also, if from Sky and you want to use a Sky remote, you will need a little IR 'mouse'. You would have to program the Sky box to power the mouse.

stalion 16:18 07 Nov 04

I watch sky on my pc and have the above card,you only need to run a ariel lead from the back of your tv.Regards

Graham ® 16:19 07 Nov 04

The 'mouse' is called a TVlink. This is a useful site for all that gubbings click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…