running sonicstage from external drive

TOMSTEPHENSON1 14:59 03 Sep 05

I am trying to run sonys sonicstage from an external hard drive rarther than my c drive. I need more storage than is available on my c drive.
I have copied the sonicstage program folder onto my external drive but am at a loss how to get the program to run. Can any one help please

DieSse 17:05 03 Sep 05

You can only do what you ask if you INSTALL the program onto your external drive (if it allows yyou to.) - Just copying the mian program folder across will leave many bits inside windows folders on the C drive, which refer to/are used by the program - and they'll be in, or pointing to the wrong drive.

However - is it the program you want to move - or the music library - I suspect it may be the latter. If you look at the settings in Tools - Options - Location to save imported files - you can readily change this to a location on your other drive.

Then the sizeable stuff all goes onto your second drive - just the program remains on your C drive.

(My grandson has a Sony mp3 plyer - so I have the software on my system, as luck would have it!)

TOMSTEPHENSON1 12:25 08 Sep 05

many thanks , I will have ago this evening

TOMSTEPHENSON1 08:19 09 Sep 05

many thanks, that seems to have got me sorted oput

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…