running slow on single website

wilco33 10:30 29 Jul 06

Last few days my computer has been running very slow on one particular website,its ok on all other sites I normally use.Have just run virus scan/spyware fullscan & CrapCleaner & found nothing.Can anyone help/advise please.Website in question is:click here & software for that site.Thanks.

FelixTCat 11:03 29 Jul 06

wilco,

If it's only the one site, the problem is likely to lie with the site. It may be having bandwidth problems or just a lot more traffic than normal.

Regards,

Felix

wilco33 12:05 29 Jul 06

Seems its more serious than that.I uninstalled the chess software then re-installed it.I'm on tiscali BB 2.0Mb/sec & was getting d/load speed of less than 1Kb/sec !I couldn't believe it!Think I must have a problem but dont knowhow to fix it! Please help someone..thx.(P.S.took 26 mins to d/load BlitzIn 2.5 chess program which is 1.3Mb size !!).

Jak_1 12:14 29 Jul 06

Is the dl speed better from other sites? If so then it's a server problem most likely, pos due to high traffic slowing things down.

wilco33 16:01 30 Jul 06

I have the same problems d/loading on other sites also so not sure where I go from here.Surfing the web I get normal speed,its just d/loading anything online & the chess site slowness.Appreciate any further help/advice etc,thx for responding.

wilco33 21:30 01 Aug 06

My problem seems to be resolved tho don't know how.I thought it might be my local BT exchange doing repairs/maintenance but who knows? Anyway,my machine seems to be back to normal now so I'll close this thread.Thx for responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…