Running a second screen

Acornone 18:53 13 Nov 07

I want to use my LED TV which has a PC feature, to display the info on my Laptop. I can get the TV to show the ACER logo but there is no other data being displayed whilst the laptop has the normal desktop displayed.
Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 13 Nov 07

you will need to press a key combination to output the desktop to the second monitor (TV)

typically this is Fn + one of the F keys. look for a key with a symbol like a screen []

Acornone 19:29 13 Nov 07

Thanks Fruit Bat
I did that as advised by my computer shop but with the same result. The TV is seeing the laptop ok but I just cannot get any screen other that the Acer Logo of full screen Blue background and ACER.
?????

DrScott 19:35 13 Nov 07

and ensure the second screen is being displayed as intended - i.e. as a duplicate? or just as an extended worktop?

You might need to run the software associated with your graphics card to achieve this.

Acornone 20:56 13 Nov 07

I have solved the problem. I was wondering why my pointer was disappearing on one side of the laptop. So all I had to do was drag any of the windows that were displayed on the laptop over and it would start to appear on the TV. I suppose that all you game fanatics will say, "Could have told you that". Well at my age I just did not know. Hopethat this will help others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…