Running in Safe Mode and Error Message

spuds 00:45 03 May 03

The other day, I purchased a new Umax AstraSlim SE scanner. Since installing this device I have had constant problems. When running the computer, I suddenly have a error message appear on screen, which warns me that I have disconnected or removed a device incorrectly. The system then freezes up totally. Ctrl-Alt-Delete as no affect, so I have to shut down, by switchiong the computer off. On start-up the Safe Mode activation comes into motion. I then go through the usual series of tricks, so that I gain correct access to my computer. This is becoming a big annoyance. What could the problem be, and how should I go about correcting this problem. I am running WME. Should mention that the scanner connection seem okay. This is running from a self powered USB hub, as recommended by Umax.

hugh-265156 00:49 03 May 03

try looking for patches or try a different driver.

hugh-265156 00:52 03 May 03

also have a look in event viewer may help out.

hugh-265156 00:55 03 May 03

and try not using thr hub.

spuds 11:48 03 May 03

Having undertaken various tasks,it can only be the new scanner connection to my computer. After disconnecting this device, everthing as gone back to normal.Looks like a phone call to Umax.

Thanks huggyg71 for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…