Running Programs without CD

SteevScotland 14:59 24 Mar 04

I have just purchased a new laptop which is lightweight and portable. My only complaint is that it doesn't have an internal CD ROM drive. My external drive requires an external power source. this is no good when I'm on the move. Is there any way to run software which requires the CD without actually having the CD in the drive.

Cheers S

P.S I have legitimate copies of all the software so I'm not trying to get round copyright.

Sethhaniel 15:04 24 Mar 04
  SteevScotland 16:16 24 Mar 04

Thanks Sethhaniel. Im looking at it now.

What about no cd cracks?

Cheers S

MidgetMan 17:26 24 Mar 04

Unlikely virtual cd will allow you to play any protected games i.e secure-rom etc,from the hard drive, It is ok for mounting things like reference packages etc that are not copy protected. As for no cd cracks, you will get no help here as they are illegal work arounds irrespective of whether you have the originals.

anon1 18:03 24 Mar 04

if the hard drive is big enough you could partition it into 2 copy a cd onto the second partition and install it onto the first. then it would see the 2nd partition as a cdrom

MidgetMan 19:41 24 Mar 04

wont work for game cd's that are protected, the game programme will look for the cd and if not foud will refuse to run. No legit way to do what is wanted, as has been mentioned the only way is via cracks which are not endorsed her, but each to his own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…