Running out of space ?

EARLR 18:56 PM 19 Aug 11

My C Drive is running out of space. If I Shrink the D drive will that make the C drive larger automatically ? Win7 Home Premium Thanks

mgmcc 19:12 PM 19 Aug 11

If you Shrink D drive and that creates "Unallocated Space" adjacent to C drive, you can then Extend C drive to take in the "Unallocated Space".

I suspect that if you have C drive, followed by D drive and then the Unallocated Space, C drive won't be able to take in the additional space. You might need third-party partitioning software, such as the free Easeus Partition Master.

canarieslover 19:32 PM 19 Aug 11

You will find that mgmcc is correct about the free space from shrinking D: not being next to the C: drive. You will definitely need a partition tool to be able to shrink D: from the front end so that you can then extend C:. Easeus is one I have used in the past with excellent results, but just remember that you really should back-up anything on D: that you value as there is a danger that it could be corrupted. This applies to any partitioning software, not just Easeus.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 PM 19 Aug 11

Why not just move stuff from C: to D:?

Move My Documents

EARLR 13:19 PM 21 Aug 11

Thank's FB that worked a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know