running out of room

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:31 06 May 04

im running out of storage space on my HD & would like to put in a 60-80GB HD as well, the worry is that ive just upgraded/instaled win XP, and its been a bit of a nitemare, is it going to be a nitemare to add another hard drive is what i want to know?

is it much of a job, can there be any serious problems?

LastChip 23:37 06 May 04

There should be no problems doing this at all.

woodchip 23:38 06 May 04

About ten mins to fit and setup or it should be. In XP after you have fitted the drive PS set the jumper to slave they normally come set to master at the back of the drive. after you start the comp Go into BIOS and auto detect the drive. If it's a new computer it will detect it without going into BIOS. You then Have to give the Drive a letter before you will see it in explorer this can be found in control panel. you then right click the drive and choose format. That's it

HXP 23:38 06 May 04

I added a maxtor 60gb HDD to an existing PC and it was very easy. They provide or you can download Maxblast software which makes the installation very easy.

The hardst job was physically fitting the drive to the machine !

I can recommend the Maxtor drives with the associated software.

SANTOS7 23:40 06 May 04

click here this will help

ZEROTOLERANCE 18:28 07 May 04

thanx all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…