Running out of memory

hugeb 11:00 07 May 04

whilst working this morning I noticed that my laptop was getting slow and after a lock up I looked to see what was happening in task manager. for some reason there were 46 processes running. I've got 512MB ram but I was down to less than 100 free. ccProxy was using 120Mb...? What does ccProxy do ? and why does it use co much memory? any help would be appreciated

johnnyrocker 11:06 07 May 04

what anti spyware do you have?

johnny.

recap 11:09 07 May 04

CCProxy lets all computers on a LAN access Internet through one single Internet connection.
CC Proxy Server is an Internet connection sharing software for Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003. Supporting dial-up, ISDN, DSL, and DDN connections, it helps you build your own proxy server and share Internet access within a LAN efficiently and easily. CC Proxy Server can act as a HTTP/FTP/SOCKS/mail/news/telnet proxy server. It features account management functions, including Internet access control, bandwidth control, web filtering, and content filtering.

hugeb 11:10 07 May 04

Norton AV. installed Norton Internet Security 2004 2 weeks ago

expertec 11:10 07 May 04

???

CC Proxy is an easy-to-use Internet connection sharing software for Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003. Supporting dial-up, ISDN, DSL, and DDN connections, it helps you build your own proxy server and share Internet access within a LAN efficiently and easily. CC Proxy Server can act as HTTP/FTP/SOCKS/mail/news/telnet proxy servers. And it features powerful account management functions, including Internet access control, bandwidth control, Web filtering, and content filtering.

click here

hugeb 11:14 07 May 04

Thanks recap...... that just went about 10000feet over my head.
I'm running a laptop with dial up connection . don't have a network

expertec 11:16 07 May 04

Then why is CCproxy installed? go to add remove programs in control panel and uninstall it :-0

hugeb 11:20 07 May 04

Would ccProxy have come with NAV? I cant recollect seing anything with ccProxy in it

recap 11:23 07 May 04

I would not uninstall it yet. Try disabeling it first, you may need it for your Internet connection.

Go to Start/Run and type in msconfig from here click the Startup tab, if it is in the list take the tick out. Run your computer accessing the Internet as normal for a time to see if disabeling it has caused any problems. If not then just leave it as it is.

woodchip 11:39 07 May 04

And remove other programs you do not need to run at start

hugeb 12:17 07 May 04

recap....just tried what you suggested...msconfig...ccApp.exe was only thing there that had cc.....only problem was that when I unticked it and restarted....Norton Internet security was disabled & ccProxy wasn't in task manager...but....could only get firewall and anti-virus back by going into msconfig and ticking ccApp.exe again ...just checked task manager and looks like ccProxy again using 115MB of memory
Any more thoughts? other than getting a bucketfull of memory

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…