Running out of disk space

Myles 10:43 04 Jun 05

I am fast running out of disk space on my "C" drive, but have loads on a second drive. I have deleted everything I can but now need to move programs or system folders to clear more space, any ideas?

boot-it-out 11:01 04 Jun 05

You don't say what you've tried to free up space on your C: drive so try these :

1. Double Click "My Computer", Right click your C: Drive and click "Properties" then "Disc Cleanup"
You will see how much space can be reclaimed by deleting Temp Internet files etc.

2. Check your System Restore settings ( Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore ) if running Win Xp - these can use up a lot of your HD space. Delete some older Restore points if you think you won't need them - like if you have a couple of recent restore points and everything is working fine.

3. Don't try moving system files or folders that's asking for trouble.

4. UNINSTALL programs and then re-install them, specifying your other HD during the installation. You can't just "Cut & Paste" a Program from one drive to the other as there will be system files all over the place in addition to those in the Program Files folder.

5. After this do a Defrag of your C: Drive to tidy it up. ( Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Disc Defragmenter ).

All the best,
"Boot-It-Out"

VoG II 11:04 04 Jun 05

You can also move My Documents click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…