running internet without aol

pejay1967 20:29 24 Jan 08

hi guys a question how to i stop aol from having to be signed on so i can connect to my wireless connection without starting aol software because at the moment it must be aol software running then open ie thanks guys

Technotiger 20:32 24 Jan 08

If AOL is your ISP then you cannot stop it running if you want to go on-line.

p;3 20:38 24 Jan 08

when you boot up and are ??off line, what happens when you click on your blue IE icon?

brundle 20:39 24 Jan 08

Use the AOL Dialler. Look in your start menu and your system tray. It will connect without loading the AOL browser.

K_elt 21:48 24 Jan 08

I have aol and don't sign in when going online. I thoguht that by putting the details into the router config (sign-on name & password)it was enough. When I start I just click on IE or Firefox and they go online immediately from the main desktop.

I have a laptop and another desktop that use the wireless connection to go online and neither of them have aol installed. I just click on IE and away I go. I use a netgear wireless router.

Snec 23:32 24 Jan 08

I use AOL (since 2000) and don't even have AOL software on my computer. Not that there is anything wrong with it I hasten to add, I just don't have a need for it.

rdave13 23:48 24 Jan 08

If you have a modem /router then it must have it's own screen name (+18) and password. Otherwise you'll get problems. The router logs in to aol so no need for aol's software at all as you'll be "always on".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5