Running games across a home network

consultik 12:10 10 Jul 03

I have a three pc home network running via a router (all pcs on XP Home). I am trying to run Icewind Dale II on the three PCs for my three sons to play "collaboratively". I have up till now chosen the TCP/IP option but I find the response times between the computers a bit slow (but workable), would I be better choosing the IPX option, or can anyone give me any tips for setting up my system to give a faster response?

I have no intention of ever playing across the internet ie outside of my home network.

recap 13:06 10 Jul 03

Make sure the highest spec machine is used as the server for the game. Also check your graphics card settings, making sure they are set to software and not the hardware option. It should then run much faster and smoother under TCP/IP protocols.

consultik 13:18 10 Jul 03

Thanks recap

Highest spec machine is already the server. Checking graphics cards settings - is this something I do from within the game or via the control panel?

recap 13:28 10 Jul 03

The graphics settings are in the Game, sorry I should have made that more clear.

Psiman 19:48 10 Jul 03

Suggest also to allocate 1 - 2 GB of virtual memory, if you haven't done so already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…