running a computer off 2 motherboards

yogibear 17:20 27 Apr 04

I was wondering if there is any way that I can run my computer off two motherboards, my friend has told me that it can be done but he doesn't know how. Any suggestions?
Thanx

Smegs 17:24 27 Apr 04

Why on earth would you want to do this???

Totally-braindead 17:29 27 Apr 04

Can't understand why you would want to do this, what advantage do you think it will have?

yogibear 17:29 27 Apr 04

I want to do this because my processor is only 950MHz and its not fast enough for me

TomJerry 17:30 27 Apr 04

(1) It is physically impossible unless take out everything (CPU, memory, HDD etc etc) to different motherboard which is to "rebuild" another computer. Really cannot see your friend's point. Have you ever open up a computer to see how components are put together.

(2) What do you need it for? Are you working for a IT mag to test different motherboard? If this is the case, you may design a special test rig to do it. But one motherboard at a time not together. As for a comparsion, can you have two chasises for one car?

(3) Your friend may be mistake. Maybe he means that you can have two (or even more) CPUs on the same computer. Almost all hi-end servers have more than one CPUs. If you want to build a pc with two cpu, the most economical options is go AMD road, you can get speail motherbaord and multiprocessor amd cpus from scan click here

yogibear 17:32 27 Apr 04

Ok,Thanx

TomJerry 17:34 27 Apr 04

what you need is a motherboard and a faster cpu and maybe ram.

Motherboard, CPU and Ram kits click here, click here, slightly over £100 or more here click here

yogibear 17:38 27 Apr 04

Would click here this motherboard support processors other than AMD?

TomJerry 17:41 27 Apr 04

it only supports AMD - Athlon MP - Dual Processor, nothing else. The processor you got cannot be used.

TomJerry 17:42 27 Apr 04

Only WinXp Pro, Win2k Pro, WinNT and Linux support multiprocessors.

yogibear 17:49 27 Apr 04

Did you mean Athlon XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple