Running Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0

whatchamacallit 23:25 19 Jul 03

After loading this game onto my PC, and running it.
I get the following message, This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
In detail`s, cmr2 caused an invalid page fault in module cmr2.exe. at 018f:004bdbde.

My PC Win98se. 256MB, Sound card, AGP Radeon 7000, IE 6.028, directX 9.00.

ps the same game run`s on my old PC,

I know it`s only a game but I would like to run on my New PC.

ordep 08:17 20 Jul 03

I cant help specifically, as it could be a lot of things causing the problem but, run through this check list click here, its sure to be one or the other of these.

vinnyT 14:01 20 Jul 03

It could be many things, as ordep mentions, but cmr2 has been out for a while now (just seen feature on cmr3) and maybe dosn't like directX 9.

This has happened with other games when played with a much later ver of directx than was around when the game was written. I'm not saying this is def the prob, just a suggestion.

whatchamacallit 19:02 20 Jul 03

Thanks for info, but the game does not like my AGP card, its got dual interface. So I`am going to add another monitor to AGP card.

thanks again for your support.

darwin-229378 19:28 20 Jul 03

i had the same problem and it was dx9. it will only run on dx8.

whatchamacallit 22:05 20 Jul 03

Thanks for your help,
It was the Dual interface, added another monitor and the game runs fine, even with dx9.****

Thanks again,

I hope some-day it will be me who help`s someone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…