Running Britannica 99 Standard Edition in XP

george 10:40 09 Feb 03

When entering a search in Enc.Britannica the result is 'No articles' and a window advising 'Netscape is unable to locate server: eb: The server does not have a DNS entry. Check the server name in the location (URL) and try again. [OK]'
This programme ran under Windows ME and it seems to be a Netscape problem, especially as I've changed the programme to run in WindowsME compatibilty mode.
Would it be as well to download Netscape v7 and, if so, what should the settings be?
I'd be most grateful to learn from anyone who has overcome this problem. - And thank you.

-pops- 10:47 09 Feb 03

I've an idea that Britannica '99 isn't compatible with XP.

You can get a copy of the XP compatible 2002 version from click here for £23 inc.

Brian

-pops- 10:49 09 Feb 03

BTW, this post and my previous one is sent by Netscape.

Brian

Border View 11:13 09 Feb 03

You might be able to find some help here click here

george 17:31 09 Feb 03

Many thanks, pops and Barmoor. I downloaded the appropriate Britannica patch and installed to no avail. I think I've wasted enough time and have ordered from Software Savings, as you suggested pops. That'll put me out of my misery and £23 is cheap at the price.

-pops- 17:51 09 Feb 03

I've bought from them and found them good and quick.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…