Running 2 versions of office

acrobat270 09:05 19 Aug 03

Is it possible to run 2 versions of office on the same computer? eg 2000 pro and xp

Ben Avery 09:09 19 Aug 03

Although you can only run 1 version (the most recent) of Outlook at any given time. Installing 2kPro first then 2002 (XP) edition should give you these options.

Is there any partitcular reason why, as, having used both myself, there is no reason to keep 2000 running? Unlike 97/2000 dual system whereby databases created in Access 2000 would not open in 97 unless converted, 2000 & 2002 versions are backwards compatible as far as I've used them (I have 2002 at home and 2000 on laptop and work PC's).

Ben Avery 09:12 19 Aug 03

To achieve this, you will need to change the office directory location.

On installing the 2nd Version, choose "Custom" and instead of installing to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" for example (this is where the 1st version will be located), choose something like "C:\Program Files\Office 2002" and the files/programs will be installed seperately.

You can then create shortcuts to programs in each folder. Note however that the icons are by default, the same, so it's difficult to tell them apart if you don't change them!

acrobat270 09:35 19 Aug 03

I am a teacher about to teach ICT in a new school. My laptop runs office xp currently but the school network runs office 2000. When i demo using a projector with the laptop i need the pupils to see exactly what they see on their computers to avoid any confusion.

You suggest installing 2000 first but as xp is already running can i install 2000 2nd or does this cause problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…