Rundll32.exe Problem

g-c-b 14:26 01 Apr 09

HELP PLEASE!!!! I have accidentally (& stupidly!) deleted 'rundll32.exe' following a Spyware Detector issue. Unfortunately I did too good a job of this by using 'Eraser', so it's totally unrecoverable. Any ideas how I can fix this?

MAJ 15:02 01 Apr 09

The legitimate Rundll32.exe file should be located in your C:\Windows\System32 folder, if it's anywhere else, chances are it's a virus file.

Go to Start > Run and type in:

SFC /SCANNOW

and press OK. That will scan your system and replace any missing or corrupt system files. You might need your Windows disk during the process.

g-c-b 16:20 01 Apr 09

Thanks Maj. It was the rundll32.exe from C:\Windows\System32 folder - (told you I'd been stupid!)

I'll try the SFC/SCANNOW but I'm not certain= I have Windows disk - it's a Dell pc and I only have the Resource CD (Device Drivers; Diagnostics & Utilities; Computer documentation).

Any other ideas if SFC/SCANNOW doesn't work or rundll32.exe isn't on the CD?

Thanks again, g-c-b

g-c-b 16:32 01 Apr 09

I've tried SFC/SCANNOW but it does need the CD and the files aren't on the CD I mentioned previously.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,g-c-b

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 01 Apr 09

Do you have a folder i386 on your hard drive?

# Click Start, and then click Run.
# Type expand X:\i386\rundll32.ex_ c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe
in the Open box, where X is the letter of your Drive.
# Restart the computer.

g-c-b 16:39 02 Apr 09

Thanks Fruit Bat. I managed to solve it before I got your reply. :) But I appreciate your help anyway. Thanks again. g-c-b

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now