rundll32 exe

phild 18:56 20 Feb 04

please canyou help. im on 600 broadband win xp. when i shut my computer down i get 'end program rundll32 exe.' then a message appears 'the program is not responding.' the only way then to shut the computer down is to press the cancel button.and then it tells me 'unsaved information will be lost' and shuts down............thanks

woodchip 19:03 20 Feb 04

Try this go to Start Run and in the box type MSCONFIG press enter under the start tab you will see Box's with ticks for programs to run remove all the ticks reboot the try shutting down again. You can revers the above One at a time ,an try it until the problem comes back you will then know what is causing the problem

phild 20:11 20 Feb 04

thanks woodchip i did what you said although it tooka while it was start up item 'bridge' and is in downloaded program files.is it ok to delete it

woodchip 20:19 20 Feb 04

Yes if it's only a download, leave the tick out of the box

©®@$? 20:21 20 Feb 04

you say it is where?

start up item 'bridge' and is in downloaded program files?

don't understand that^

do you mean the path in the startup is pointing to a download folder?

scan the system for parasites and remove them. SpyBot S&D searches
your harddisk for Spyware and Adware
click here

&

Adaware (similar)
click here
(Remember to perform a Webupdate to have the latest definitions installed)

also to get rid of the non responding error at shutdown Auto End Tasks to Enable a Proper Shutdown (Line 76)
click here

©®@$? 20:23 20 Feb 04

if the path is pointing to a download folder for rundll32.exe why is it starting at startup

make sure you got antivirus updated and scan your computer...

that last link i gave will rid of the non responsive error you get works a treat

phild 20:36 20 Feb 04

the location is software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run

the command is

rundll32.exe"c/windows/downloadedprogramfiles/bridge.dll,"load

sorry about the confusion hope this helps..thanks

©®@$? 20:49 20 Feb 04

The file "bridge.dll" is part of a spyware program. See the following
website for details.

click here

i suggest downloading one or both of the above spyware removal programs, and they should get rid of it for you

phild 21:14 20 Feb 04

i have done all you said and the problem seems to have gone away.........thanks for all your time,help and consideration....cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…