Rundll error sijw.fko

Seadog 19:47 05 Dec 09

Hi, I've just run malwarebytes to get rid of a fake 'security center alert' virus/malware on my sons pc and it all seems to have gone now but on startup he is getting an error box up as follows:

"RUNDLL
Error loading sijw.fko
The specified modlue could not be found"

Does anyone know what this is from and how to repair the error please. The pc seems to be running ok apart from this warning at startup

birdface 20:15 05 Dec 09

Cant find anything on Google for sijw.fko did you spell it right.

Sea Urchin 20:36 05 Dec 09

The Error Loading message is not in the correct format - it should say something like C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ etc and end with .dll

Is the message exactly as you have typed? If so then I would run Malwarebytes again - this time in safe mode.

Seadog 21:03 05 Dec 09

buteman, yes, I also googled it and found nothing as well! Strange. It must belong to something though?

Sea Urchin, the error is a 'standard' sort of notification box that pops up as soon as the desktop has loaded, with the blue band at the top and the word RUNDLL in the blue band, the message inside the box is as I typed it:

Error loading sijw.fko

The specified modlue could not be found

I will do another malwarebytes scan in safe mode then see what happens.

Sea Urchin 21:12 05 Dec 09

Yes, the word RUNDLL is actually run .dll - the computer is supposedly trying to run a .dll file. But sijw.fko is seemingly not a genuine file, so it looks like malware is trying to run at loading.

User-1229748 21:25 05 Dec 09

is there anything in start up at run-msconfig-hit enter?

Sea Urchin 21:37 05 Dec 09

Most of the files run at startup by RUNDLL.exe are stored in the windows system32 folder.

Try going to My Computer - double-click C Drive (if that's where your OS is) and then d-click Windows - scroll down to System32 and d-click that.

Very carefully scroll down the .dll files and see if there is a file named sijw.fko (they should more or less be in alphabetical order). Make sure you don't move or delete anything at this stage.

If you find the mystery file let us know.

Seadog 23:35 05 Dec 09

Thanks guys, after doing another malwarebytes scan in safe mode (that took two hours!)the pop-up error isn't coming up anymore.

If you're interested, the error still came up after I booted into safemode before I started the scan????

I won't click on resolved just yet in case it comes back after a couple of restarts...........

Seadog 08:47 06 Dec 09

To those interested, that seems to have done the trick, Malwarebytes found another 8 entries after running in safe mode and the warning has gone from start up.

Sea Urchin 08:54 06 Dec 09

Glad to hear that seems to have sorted it for you. Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…