RUNDLL. Error loading C:/windows/system32/msa64chk

Giggle n' Bits 01:30 11 Aug 04

when starting XP Home, erh the end of this line is a .dll Dynamic link file.

msa64chk rings a bell but google search reveals ask the experts forum with a charge or foreign lanugage.

Can any tell me what and hot to fix please.

Djohn 01:40 11 Aug 04

click here Not sure on this but it seems to relate to a dialler from the info on this link. The link provides a scanner to cure the problem.

click here also provides a download to fix. Before trying both of the above have you run a free on-line scan from here? it will remove any spyware it finds. click here It will ask to download a scan engine, click yes and select the drive you want to scan and fix.

Chegs ® 01:41 11 Aug 04

MSA64CHK.DLL description:
File MSA64CHK.DLL is related to dialer 123Messenger. File MSA64CHK.DLL is related to dialer Mostrar Dialer.

I found this,it looks like your PC has been clobbered by a dialer(file that alters the number your modem dials,usually connects the PC to a premium rate number)

Djohn 01:43 11 Aug 04

Thanks for confirming the dialler. I thought it was but not absolutely sure. j.

Chegs ® 01:44 11 Aug 04

The link you found was same as mine Djohn,I'm not sure if the SpyhunterS.exe file will actually do as it says,some software claims to remove spyware,yet actually installs further spyware.

Djohn 01:47 11 Aug 04

Will the third link to Trend-Micro find and fix it Chegs ® ?

Chegs ® 01:51 11 Aug 04

I didn't think "Housecall" found dialers/spyware,only trojans/virus(but I have been wrong before)

Giggle n' Bits 02:04 11 Aug 04

will try, CW Shredder, Spybot, Hijack This tools.

Thing is I need to sleep now but will get on it tomorrow and feed back.

Thanks for the http's M8's " Djohn & Chegs ® "

Will call back.

Dan the Confused 02:57 11 Aug 04

Since your system can't load it, it has already been removed (but your system is still trying to load it at boot up). Did the message start appearing after running anti-spyware software?

It may have an entry in msconfig that you can uncheck, or alternatively run a registry cleaner such as RegScrubXP click here

Other spyware removal software may remove it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…