rundll error c:windows\eg_auth_1045.dll

MIKE. 19:30 15 Nov 05

A friend of mine has a Dell PC for about 3 years now and he has complained to me it was going very slow. I downloaded AVG and it found 108 various viruses which it has healed, adaware also found 140 malaware reports which I have deleted. When I boot the PC I get an rundll error report c:windows\eg_auth_1045.dll which I can click OK and it lets everything load as normal. My question is does anyone kmow what c:windows\eg_auth_1045.dll error report is telling me. many thanks.

VoG II 19:37 15 Nov 05

I think it is one of the malware files that you have removed click here=

Does it show up on the Startup tab if you run msconfig click here

MIKE. 19:40 15 Nov 05

Thanks VOG would you have any idea if I would need to disable system restore with this type of malaware, before running a full scan again.

VoG II 19:43 15 Nov 05

I don't think so. I think the message is Windows complaining that it was expecting to find this file but it has been removed.

MIKE. 19:49 15 Nov 05

I may be asking a couple of silly questions but if I go into msconfig what programme do I untick to stop it starting up and how do I stop the error message appearing. Sorry if I seem a bit thick.

VoG II 19:51 15 Nov 05

Look for a reference to eg_auth_1045.dll on the Startup tab in msconfig and if you find one, untick it.

MIKE. 19:53 15 Nov 05

Thanks VOG for your help greatly appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…