RUNDLL Error

oldbeefer2 18:12 01 Aug 09

Son downloaded a trial prog from Paretologic. I didn't want it, so uninstalled and ran CCleaner and RegScrubXP. Now, every evening at 6:00, I get an error message 'Error loading C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Paretologic\UUS2\UUS.dll'. Any ideas as to how to stop this, please?

Sea Urchin 18:20 01 Aug 09

Probably a task has been left behind when you deleted Paretologic.

Go to START .. Programs .. Accesories .. SYSTEM TOOLS .. click on Scheduled Tasks and delete any tasks that refer to Paretologic. Should cure it.

GaT7 18:22 01 Aug 09

For a start, try deleting the Paretologic folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\.

Use Unlocker click here if it proves stubborn. G

oldbeefer2 18:28 01 Aug 09

SeaUrchin - hadn't thought of looking there. There were two for Paren..., so I've deleted them. Will see what happens tommorrow - thanks.
Crossbow. I've looked there and there's nothing - hoping S.U's suggestion has worked.

Sea Urchin 18:31 01 Aug 09

I think the fact that it appears every day "on schedule" at 6.00 means that it was very likely the cause of the problem.

oaksfan13 00:33 21 Nov 09

I started getting this error after I installed driver cure and then uninstalled it. I found that driver cure was part of the Paretologic family. I did what you suggested and I hope it corrects the error message. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…