RunC Cleaner but no backup displayed

justkevin 01:19 28 Dec 07

I just ran CCleaner for the registry and there was no backup shown,just analyze and fix entries.
I was also led to Disk Cleaner which asked for $49 I thought this was a free site,or did Disc cleaner just sidle it's way in

rdave13 01:26 28 Dec 07

Uninstall what you have as cCleaner.

Try installing Ccleaner from here; click here

Used it for many years and a good program. Reg backup will be found in 'my documents'.

Sheik Yerbouti 07:17 28 Dec 07

When you click 'fix entries' you will then be asked if you want to backup, and to what location.

anniesboy 08:56 28 Dec 07

You will be asked if you want to back up,providing under Options >Advanced >you tick box, show prompt to backup.

justkevin 09:53 28 Dec 07

I get this pasted information from the website giving info about creating backup but can't see where to find this .reg file to right click on;

"How do I restore registry backups?Right-click on the .REG file created and select 'Merge'.
By default these files will be saved into your 'My Documents' folder. "

rdave13 10:12 28 Dec 07

If you created a registry backup originally then click start--my documents. There should be a registry icon there, named registry entries and something like cc_20071234_5678. Right click this icon and click merge in the dropdown menu.

justkevin 10:51 28 Dec 07

Hi rDave I didn't create a registry backup originally,at the moment I haven't deleted or fixed anything as I didn't want to be without a backup

rdave13 11:03 28 Dec 07

Ok. To run the reg cleaner click the reg icon on left. Click 'scan for issues'. Once finished click on 'fix selected issues' tab. A popup will ask to backup entries. Click yes. A 'save as' screen comes up (defaults to my documents), click save. Click 'fix all selected' tab. Another popup asks if you're sure etc, click on yes.

justkevin 15:48 28 Dec 07

RDave ,I can't believe it's the same pc ,it worked very well and now the pc response is virtually instantaneous.Thanks a million
No make that two million
justkev

Clarke708 18:22 28 Dec 07

If you want to repair your windows registry, I would recommend to use RegBooster(click here). It is very easy to use & has excellent features.

It has also the backup feature which allows you to take backup of the registry before fixing the issue. It has another good feature called Manage Startup which can help to remove unwanted startup programs. and there is a bonus feature called Registry Defragmentation.

You can download the software directly from:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac