//some 3rd party need geo

run32.dll - virus? Delete?

gplatt2000 19:59 11 Jul 03

I have noticed that 'run32.dll' always appears in processes (it isnt in startup), and seem to remeber reading that it is associated to a virus. What shall I do? Thanks in advance, Gavin

gplatt2000 20:00 11 Jul 03

bit of topc, please also reply to my other post 'Problems with explicit Pop-ups' as it isnt solved (despite my optimistic over-enthusiastic resolved tick). Sorry!

woodchip 20:04 11 Jul 03

You have got it wrong in two way's Rundll32.exe and Rundll.exe are needed by the system. if you delete them your system will not run

gplatt2000 20:07 11 Jul 03

Oh right, thankyou very much! Good thing i asked on here before ploughing in, thanks again

jazzypop 20:10 11 Jul 03

Run32.dll can become replaced by the Sircam virus, amongst others. If it is still there, you don't have the Sircam virus :)

Don't wait another minute before getting or running a good anti-virus program. If you have one, and it is updated, stop worrying about viruses.

gplatt2000 20:13 11 Jul 03

Yep Im ruinning updated NAV. Thanks again, Gavin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…