run-time errors

BELSOX 20:24 17 Mar 09

I've recently purchased a new machine but keep getting RUN TIME ERROR notices which invite me to de-bug it. I delete the message and take no action on it and everything appears to be ok until the next time. I had this on my old machine and put it down to anno domini (the machine - not me!)Nothing appears to happen if I ignore it but it is time wasting. The errors detailed appear to be different each time.

MAT ALAN 20:30 17 Mar 09

click here

lot to work on BUT if you have the same issues on both old and new computers i think the common denominator is a software issue...

Fingees 20:34 17 Mar 09

You could try:

To prevent this error from coming up, you will need to disable script and runtime errors. Perform the following to configure Internet Explorer to ignore these script and runtime errors:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on Tools and select Options.
3. Click on the Advanced tab.
4. Put a check in the box next to Disable script debugging

This will not fix the erroes, but may stop them showing up

BELSOX 20:51 17 Mar 09

Thanks MAT ALAN & Fingees.
The first machine was XP - the new Vista.
The only software in common is Canon Printer and Canon Scanner. The only item transfer was data.The errors only occure when online.Could it be an AOL problem?

I could try the FINGEES solution but it niggles me to know that something is not as it should be.

MAT ALAN 21:15 17 Mar 09

Try without the printer/scanner software (fair test)

The only item transfer was data, could scan these for any virus type infection (linked)

Could it be an AOL problem?
possibly, not quite sure what tho, router drivers maybe...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video