Run Time Errors

Rubroy 18:57 20 Nov 03

I run XP and have been experiencing 'Run Time' errors (I don't know even what 'Run Time' means. I came here, having been helped before on other problems, to find several people have had different Run Time queries. Mine seems to be a litte different: I am trying to reorganise a folder in My Documents with lots of sub folders and hundreds of JPEG (and a very few other format) picture files which have been collected over years. The message I get is "Runtime Error. C:\Windows\Explorer.exe. The application has requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information"

Who the 'application support team` are I haven't a clue: perhaps some of you guys have. I am in UK by the way, in Yorkshire.

The screen I am working on freezes. If I click OK on the dialog box I am returned to the desk top where everything is sane and normal but I have to go back to the beginning to find the sub-folder I was working on - and the whole business starts again. If I decide to work on another sub-folder that toocomes up with the same Runtime message so for now I am stuck! (Incidentally I am trying to backup, in an organised way, about 4GB of pictures collected over the years since the 1890's) Any ideas anyone please?

Rubroy (silly NDP but I wanted Robroy!)

VoG II 19:06 20 Nov 03

click here is a similat problem but with Internet Explorer. There are suggestions to remove spyware. Try Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…