//some 3rd party need geo

Run time error(s)

Sly ol' Fox 08:28 19 Aug 03

A friend recently re-installed Windows 98 on my laptop. All seems fine apart from this one snag. A "Run time error" box occasionally pops up, with various messages, such as "syntax error", "invalid character", "object expected", "object doesn't support this property or method". It asks "Do you want to debug?" Yes/No.
Almost every time, if you choose Yes, it carries on but just occasionally the box keeps bouncing back, whether you choose Yes or No, won't let you close the window and you have to reboot and could't get back, if you wanted to, or it does the same all over again.
I would be grateful if someone could help me get rid of this, while my pal is on holiday for a couple of weeks?

-pops- 08:32 19 Aug 03

In Internet Explorer open Tools, Interent Options, Advanced. Find Disable script debugging and tick the box. Just below there is Display a notification - - - . Untick that. You should have no more problems.

Don't worry, it is a problem with the website(s) you're looking at, not your computer.

Jester2K II 08:33 19 Aug 03

Is it just in Internet Explorer?

Maybe upgrade it to IE6 - avalible on PCA Cover disks

Sly ol' Fox 16:19 19 Aug 03

Thanks for trying Pops. When I followed your steps, both "Disable script debugging" and "Display a notification" were already unticked.
Jester - Thought I might try Pops' suggestion first. Incidentally, I did have 6.0. My friend put 5.0 back.
What do you think I ought to do first?

-pops- 18:05 19 Aug 03

The first should be ticked the second unticked.

Sly ol' Fox 19:00 19 Aug 03

Did that then tried one site which had been a problem. It worked fine this time so it looks as though you solved it for me. Thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…