Run Time Error & IE6

KW2K 10:19 19 May 03

Can anyone help with this :- I'm using IE6 and when i open some web pages, i get a message which says:- "A run time error has occured" Do you wish to debug? Line1: Error:- Syntax Error Yes / No. I think this only happens when using IE6, i have tried opening the same page on two different pc's with IE6 & Win XP and both display the same message. Any help much appreciated.

Gongoozler 11:09 19 May 03

Hi KW2K. The good news is that the error isn't on your pc, it's at the web site you are visiting. The message is telling you that there is an error in the coding of the page your browser is trying to display. The annoyance is that IE6 is asking you if you want to debug the code, which is of course a bit silly. Try selecting Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, and ensure that there is no tick in the box under "Browsing" alongside the message "Display a notification about every script error".

KW2K 18:56 19 May 03

Hi Gongoozler, Glad to hear its not my pc which is at fault ! However i have checked the tools/Internet Options/Advanced and there is NO tick in the box "Display a notification about every script error". I guess there is nothing else i can try ? Maybe worth an e-mail to the web site to let them know about it. Thanks Anyway !

VoG™ 18:59 19 May 03

Tick "Disable script debugging"

KW2K 20:34 19 May 03

Hi VoG, Ticked the box you mentioned and no more error messages ! Cheers !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…