Run-time error 62

old-timer 21:11 16 Oct 03

I attempted to remove Grokster, which had been placed on my machine by my lad. I first ran Ad-Aware which removed several spyware, but required a reboot to remove the rest. After rebooting, the message run-time error 62...reading past eof appeared, and I now cannot connect to the internet. (I am using a different machine at the moment). Operating system is XP home.

old-timer 21:18 16 Oct 03

bump

Jester2K II 22:29 16 Oct 03

You should really have tried add / remove programs first and then use Ad aware to clean up after.

First the error message. It an End Of File error. Not sure about this.

Second problem - INTERNET access. Some nasty spyware stuff likes to fiddle with the way your PC accesses the net. Remove the spyware and the fiddle stays put = no internet. There is a fix but i would suggest this first.

1) Open Ad Aware.

2) Click Open Quarantine List and restore everything it removed.

3) Remove Grokster using Add / remove Programs.

4) Scan again with Ad Aware.

5) If INTERNET connection is still down then try using LSP Fix - click here to repair.

Jester2K II 22:31 16 Oct 03

If not sure about using the LSP Fix ask - or e-mail me - i've got a better program thats fully automated but can't find a download anywhere!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…