Run DLL message just appeared. How to fix?

PC_HelpMe 20:22 30 Jul 10

Hi folks,

The other day the following message appeared on Startup of my laptop (I hadn't installed/deleted anything to my knowledge to make it appear).

Run DLL
Error loading C:\Users\AppData\Local\iquhoxaj.dll
The specified module could not be found.

Does anyone know what this is and how I can stop it coming up every time I load up my laptop?

rdave13 20:34 30 Jul 10

Not sure about this one but perhapse your security software has got rid of some malware.
I suggest running Ccleaner to see if it sorts out the orphaned .dll file.
click here

PC_HelpMe 20:37 30 Jul 10

Thanks anyway. Will try that.

PC_HelpMe 09:30 31 Jul 10

Oooh - seems to have fixed it now - although now, none of the websites I visit have remembered my log-in details - and nor are the pages (or my computer) asking if I want them remembered for next time. Any ideas why?

onthelimit 09:34 31 Jul 10

Yes, if you run CCleaner it deletes all that stuff unless you go to Options, Cookies and put all those you want saved into the right-hand side.

rdave13 11:55 31 Jul 10

To reset IE8 to ask to save passwords go to tools, internet options, click the delete tab under 'browsing history'. Tick the password box and select delete. Open the delete browsing history window again and untick the box for passwords. Tick the box for 'preserve favourite website data' box.
As onthelimit suggests you can set Ccleaner to preserve cookies on your preferred sites or even not to delete cookies at all. I prefer to delete all cookies but that is a personal choice.

PC_HelpMe 14:56 31 Jul 10

Thanks everyone. Your help has been very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…