Run DLL Error Message on Start Up

gplatt2000 21:40 20 Jul 03

Hi there. When Windows XP opens (fully opens - desktop and start menu appear etc.), an error massage comes up saying:
RUN DLL ERROR
Error loading C:\Windows\System32\msiefr40.dll

Is this anything to worry about, as Windows seems to run fine if I just click OK and carry on as normal (although System Restore doesnt work, see my other post 'System Restore Wont Work')? Any reasons/help solvinng this? Thanks a lot in advance, Gavin

VoG II 21:44 20 Jul 03

click here

Remember, Google is your friend.

VoG II 21:46 20 Jul 03

It's provably because you are infested with BrowserAid click here

gplatt2000 21:48 20 Jul 03

'Google is My Friend' - sorry but I find the set of results overwhelming and being inexperienced, am unsure which instructions to follow, there are so many. I hope that there will be a simple solution that someone (usually you VoG!), will know. Thanks a lot, I am now reading those instructions, Gavin

gplatt2000 21:50 20 Jul 03

Should Ad-Aware or Spy Bot do the removing for me?

VoG II 21:51 20 Jul 03

I'm not moralising but if you stopped usinbg P2P programs like KaZaa, most of your problems would not have occurred....

VoG II 21:53 20 Jul 03

According to my second "click here" then Ad-aware or spybot should work.

gplatt2000 21:53 20 Jul 03

Yes sorry to bother you - I have now deleted my P2P programs, but am considering getting Kazaa Lite as I have heard that isnt as bad?

VoG II 22:03 20 Jul 03

KaZaaLite is supposedly of parasites. Use at your own risk!

VoG II 22:09 20 Jul 03

should have typed " supposedly free of"

gplatt2000 23:03 20 Jul 03

Thanks a lot for the helpful, quick advice as ever from VoG, a job well done! I used VoG's instructions and now the message no longer comes up. Thanks again, Gavin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…