run command history-deleting

maddos 21:36 28 Oct 04

How can I clear history of the run command in windows 98SE, or how can I prevent entries going into recent history of the run command.

Dan the Confused 21:40 28 Oct 04

CleanUp! click here is a good program for removing all this kind of thing and junk files off your system.

maddos 20:20 29 Oct 04

Dan the confused.
Thanks for your reply.I am not keen on installing more software to solve the problem. An aquaintance (whom I have now lost contact with)mentioned that the recent history of run commands can be found in the registry,and can be deleted from there. I was hoping for a reply with this type of information.
Yours maddos

VoG II 20:32 29 Oct 04

click here

It is a lot easier (and safer) to use CleanUp! or TweakUI to do this.

maddos 20:15 30 Oct 04

VoG.
Many thanks.Have viewed the instructions on your link, very informative, but I am still confused about deleting all the values except for default,mainly the last line, which is

name data
mru list "fcbahgd"
Is this line also deleted.
Many thanks to you and Dan the confused.

Dan the Confused 20:25 30 Oct 04

Easiest way would be to look at your run command history and see if it is clear. If "fcbahgd" appears in it then it needs deleting.

woodchip 20:41 30 Oct 04

If you set TweakUI it will remove them Auto when you restart computer

woodchip 20:43 30 Oct 04

Go to the Paranoia box and put a tick in to remove run items

maddos 20:41 06 Nov 04

Thanks to "Dan the confused" "VoG" and woodchip. Your help, was very much appreciated. Sorry for delay in answering, I've been away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…