Run Chdsk

Spr 09:07 06 Jul 04

I have an old Pentium III, 512 memory, Window XP, which I am going to give to my Gd son. The problem is when I start up it goes to safe mode screen etc. it them runs to a Blue Screen saying a Problem Detected, run chdsk. How can I run chdsk or how do I re-install Windows. The HD comes up Secondary Primary Drive how do I get it to Primary Drive.

Gongoozler 09:18 06 Jul 04

Hi Spr. I'm not sure about the Chdsk (or is it Chkdsk) command in Windows XP, because I'm using Windows 98se. I think it is a Start - Run command. If your drive is showing as Secondary Master drive, then it's probably connected to the wrong motherboard IDE connector. Open the box, unplug the IDE ribbon cable from the motherboard and plug it into the IDE connector alongside the one you removed it from.

when starting up try going direct to system restore follow instructions XP should restore back to when it was last working properly you can alwasy undo the last restore if it does not work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…