RUN box

Billy911 17:51 14 Feb 04

I've managed to get rid of the RUN box but now I need it back. Does anyone know how to do this?

VoG II 17:57 14 Feb 04

Windows key + R should bring up Run.

Valvegrid 18:00 14 Feb 04

How the heck did you do that? Are you running windows 98, if you are try reinstalling it. I've been trying to delete mine to get some idea of what you've done, but I can't, interesting.

Billy911 18:02 14 Feb 04

Thanks for the advice VoG, but when I tried the WIN key + R I got the error message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." The thing is I AM the system administrator. Oh dear, looks like I'm well in it!

Billy911 18:04 14 Feb 04

Valvegrid, I'm running Windows 2000. Not sure how to get rid of it in Windows 98 but I'll bet it can be done. It might be in the Help files.

Diodorus Siculus 18:04 14 Feb 04

Did you hide it with TweakUI? Even if not, TweakUI may allow you to show it again.

How did you get rid of it?

Valvegrid 18:05 14 Feb 04

Virus?

Diodorus Siculus 18:07 14 Feb 04

Remove Run command from Start menu

To remove the Run command from Start Menu, apply the following Windows NT Registry hack

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Name: NoRun

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 1

Maybe the opposite will unhide it...

anon1 18:08 14 Feb 04

right click the task bar then properties-start menu-customise then scroll down till you see run menu and check it

anon1 18:09 14 Feb 04

sorry should have said advanced (customise)

anon1 18:10 14 Feb 04

I never understand why so many want to hack the registry when there are simple solutions and less risky too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…