Run 2 internet programs

Terry Brown 22:25 02 Sep 05

Is it possible to run 2 internet programs at the same time ?.

The reason for this--I like listening to digital Radio, however I have bought one, and apparantly I'm in a dead spot.I can pick up the station I like online (primetime), but while listening to it I cannot use any other internet program, although I can use EMail.

I have all this broadband space, why can't I use it to have 2 internet sources running at the same time.

VoG II 22:29 02 Sep 05

You should be able to run as many as you want.

Terry Brown 15:01 03 Sep 05

Thanks VoG,

The problem is if I am listening to music (online) and want to (e.g) switch to google, I lose the connection to my online music, Unless you know a better way of doing it. I'm currently using IE6.
Terry

Jackcoms 15:07 03 Sep 05

"The problem is if I am listening to music (online) and want to (e.g) switch to google, I lose the connection to my online music"

Leave the music online program running and simply launch Internet Explorer again to navigate to another site.

You can, theoretically, have as many instances of IE running as you want.

Wuggy 16:52 03 Sep 05

Why not switch to Mozilla Firefox as your browser. It has tabbed browsing so you can simply switch from tab to tab as it suits you and the programs on the other tabs continue running in the background. Download from click here

Tycho 17:14 03 Sep 05

Hear, hear. I have recently converted to FF and find it excellent. A little slower to start but otherwise top (k?)notch!

T

Luigimario5000 17:22 03 Sep 05

I totally agree i converted about 2 hours ago and i am really pleased with firefox.

mattyc_92 17:31 03 Sep 05

You can have as many IE windows open.

I also prefer FireFox. I have been using it for about 4(ish) months now. You still need IE for some sites (e.g. Windows Update), but almost every website can be accessed with FireFox

Stuartli 17:44 03 Sep 05

Although I have a Freeview PCI TV card I sometimes listen to BBC radio archive programmes whilst surfing; the programme runs in the background whilst I surf using Firefox.

Terry Brown 17:51 03 Sep 05

Thanks all. I am now going to switch to Firefox.

Strawballs 21:27 03 Sep 05

Your problem is that you have to open a new window for every thing that you want to do if you just change you will loose what you are doing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…