rugged phone choice advice please

jtw57 15:23 PM 25 Apr 11

hello, i want to buy a phone i can use when i go camping and hiking etc, but dont want to spend a lot of money. dont know if i should go for the nokia 5140i or the Samsung M11O.

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks

BT 16:59 PM 25 Apr 11

How about this.

1p Phone

Can't get much cheaper than 1p. If you just want a phone that makes calls and Texts. I've actually got one of these and its not a bad little basic phone.

jtw57 23:35 PM 25 Apr 11

cheers for that, not exactly what i was looking for, wanted one that a bit more robust, but bought one of each for my sisters two lads, just perfect for them,ther twins and birthdays in two weeks so thats there presents sorted.

cheers

Jollyjohn 19:45 PM 26 Apr 11

Samsung Solid Immerse is free on am O2 £10/mth tariff and is pretty robust

iscanut2 20:53 PM 26 Apr 11

I agree re the Samsung. I use one and it has been dropped, covered in dust, got wet and no problems at all. Worth looking at.

Forum Editor 00:00 AM 27 Apr 11

I know you said you don't want to spend a lot of money but.....

Take a serious look at the Samsung B2710 - it can be immersed in a metre of water for 30 minutes, is dust and shock proof, and is a pretty nice phone into the bargain. You can get one for around £100, SIM free.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites