Rss News Ticker but vertical?

jcotton 07:39 03 Jun 06

Hi all,

I want to put a BBC News RSS Feed onto my website. I have companyies that will do it such as click here but I want the feed to be vertical and not horizontal. An example is on the Times Website click here (at the top)

How is this done? does anyone know of any companies that would do this?

Cheers

PurplePenny 18:41 03 Jun 06

The ticker on the Times page is horizontal.

Incidentally scrolling text is an accessibility no-no.

jcotton 20:53 03 Jun 06

haha stupid me! I was meant to has horizontal sorry all

phil 22:05 03 Jun 06

If you mean the same kind of BBC one on my website click here then just paste this into your site.

Just add the start and close tags to the snippet.

iframe height="13" marginwidth="0" width="629" scrolling="no" src="/nol/ukfs_news/hi/front_page/ticker.stm" frameborder="0" marginheight="0"></iframe

PurplePenny 22:30 03 Jun 06

You need to acknowledge that the news feed is from the BBC. All that they require is for you to add the text "From BBC Sport".

jcotton 07:52 04 Jun 06

It comes up as page can not be displayed

phil 14:12 04 Jun 06

Thanks PP. Always meant to get round to doing that but never did.

jcotton? what page comes up not displayed? my website or the news ticker?

jcotton 17:20 04 Jun 06

The news ticker

phil 19:44 04 Jun 06

You did add the tags like I said didn't you?

I'll post the full snippet and hope it doesn't come out as a scroller!! Oh for a preview on here..

<iframe height="13" marginwidth="0" width="629" scrolling="no" src="/nol/ukfs_news/hi/front_page/ticker.stm" frameborder="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

phil 19:50 04 Jun 06

Sorted. Try this:

<iframe height="13" marginwidth="0" width="100%" scrolling="no" src="click here" frameborder="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

phil 19:50 04 Jun 06

Jeez!!!!!!!

iframe height="13" marginwidth="0" width="100%" scrolling="no" src="click here" frameborder="0" marginheight="0"></iframe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…