RRA files

esbe 19:23 19 Nov 03

Hi, OS WindowsME,
In my Windows Temp folder, there is a 'RRA' type file ,anyone know what .rra files are, and is it ok to delete it?
I've had a look on various sites re: file extentions etc, but cant find .rra files listed.
cheers.

BarryKeith 19:30 19 Nov 03

Recheck the spelling, you may find that it's a .rar file, which is a compressed file similar to a zip file. If so, you can find decompressors for downloading if you wish to find what it contains.

Peverelli 19:31 19 Nov 03

rra?

See if any of these give you a clue. click here

esbe 19:33 19 Nov 03

BarryKeith, Hi, It's definitely an .rra extension, RRA type file.

Diodorus Siculus 19:33 19 Nov 03

A real Audio format perhaps? Do you use RealPlayer of any flavour?

I generally take the view that anyting in a temp folder more than a day old (or older than the last start up) can be deleted and this has never caused me any problems.

esbe 19:41 19 Nov 03

Peverelli,thanx- had a quick look, but dont really understand what RRA files are/do, as bit of a novice.
Diodorus, no I dont use Real Player.

BarryKeith 19:52 19 Nov 03

If you have been playing online games it could be a file that was placed there by the game, it would be safe to delete but unless it is several megabytes in size, is not worth worrying about.

esbe 20:02 19 Nov 03

Hi, I haven't been playing online games, (Its 277kb), so I'll wait a while to see if any more suggestions, then do as you and Diodorus Siculus suggest,& delete it. Many thanx all, for your time and effort. cheers.

Peverelli 22:14 19 Nov 03

Try and open it up with Wordpad (check for virus first) and amongst the gobbledegook there might be something that'll give you a clue. Left click on it once, then hold the Shift button and then right click once. Select 'Open with' and then Wordpad.

VoG II 22:22 19 Nov 03

click here may help.

Peverelli 22:54 19 Nov 03

I've already looked there, no go I'm afraid :O(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…