RPCSS - considering deleting it

Shanks69 22:37 24 Oct 03

Just to put record straight, running ME and this was not on the machine until installing a Lexmark all in one - I understand it is probably crucial to XP and 2000.

I kill the task every time I load up, using WinPatrol and the OS doesnt crash or play up, so assume deletion or more likely renaming would be ok.

Any thoughts ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:41 24 Oct 03

You can cheerfully close it....click here

Shanks69 22:50 24 Oct 03

For the link - it's getting renamed.

Djohn 22:52 24 Oct 03

Just read a report on this and on windows 9x series it may be put there by a program that needs to communicate with another one. This might be because of your Lexmark all in one. You did say it only appeared after installing the Lexmark.

This is only from one report that I have just read and I may have got it all wrong. j. :o(

Shanks69 23:09 24 Oct 03

I knocked the e off exe to rename - next reboot the full exe file reappeared next to the ex file.

Then deleted both files - next reboot an exe file had been recreated.

The Lexmark software recreates it is my guess ?

Will just continue manually killing the task each start up then, not impressed with it opening a port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…