RPCss

Skilgannon 22:11 05 Jan 04

Hi,

After an error message kept coming up whilst I tried to install a new ISP, I DISABLED the RPCSS. Now my Laptop will not start properly!!! Can anybody give me any advice on how to fix it please??

Many Thanks

GORAL 22:28 05 Jan 04

The actual problem is probably beyond my knowledge, but if you type 'RPCSS' into Google it turns up a lot of information.

Good luck.

Djohn 22:31 05 Jan 04

You will need to re-install it from your operating system CD or recovery Cd. Depending on which one you have, insert it into your drive and do a repair of your system files. j.

woodchip 22:36 05 Jan 04

Are you running Win98

Skilgannon 23:46 05 Jan 04

Thanks, I am running XP but don't have the recovery disk!! Hunted high and low for it but when I moved I must have lost it. Is there a way of running a full system recovery without one.

woodchip 10:44 06 Jan 04

can you get into safe mode by keep pressing F8 when starting comp

Skilgannon 11:10 06 Jan 04

Yes I can go into Safe mode but I still can't access properties of RpcSs and I used a program to reset the value but it still won't work correctly.

woodchip 15:39 06 Jan 04

In safe mode go to device manager to see what you can see in there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…