RPC Shutdown

dave h 17:29 29 Aug 03

Two of my friends have had what appears to be the same problem, and as I am the nearest thing to a PC expert they know I?ve been landed with it. As I?m not THAT expert I?ve come to the real Experts.

They are both running XP.

A ?pop-up box appears, and the gist of the message is - ?RPC service terminated unexpectedly. This shutdown was initiated by NT Authority\System?. The box has a countdown timer, counting down from 1 minute to zero, at which point the system shuts down.

Any Idea?s or solutions will be gratefully received.

Terrahawk 17:33 29 Aug 03

ms blast worm click here if you can down load stinger from here this will remove the worm you will then need to go to windows update and get patching good luck

Djohn 17:38 29 Aug 03

Also, click here and follow the link to "jester's" posting on this problem. Full instructions are included. j.

Gaz 25 17:39 29 Aug 03

click here it will guide you through it.

dave h 18:41 29 Aug 03

Terrahawk, Djohn, Gaz 25 and of course, Jester 2K II. Many thanks for the info, A quick and helpful response as always.

dave h 13:39 02 Sep 03

Thanks again, the problem sorted on the first friends computer, now on to the second.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…