rpc server unavailable

johnnyrocker 15:39 23 Apr 04

while checking event logs i note a few error messages of above entered by diskeeper any problems likely or the meaning of them?

johnnyrocker 16:10 23 Apr 04

further faul logged also xp pro

The server {80EE4901-33A8-11D1-A213-0080C 88593A5} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. also pc hangs within a few minutes of screensaver running, just seems to be one prob after another lately.

johnnyrocker 16:20 23 Apr 04

still trying to investigate, it seems that 'hanging' is connected with WMDM PMSP Service

what is it?

johnnyrocker 17:43 23 Apr 04

maybe the evening shift will have some ideas;)

Valvegrid 18:19 23 Apr 04

I don't know too much about XP, but I was in discussion with my son on the phone who was having this very error appearing when he was trying to install a printer. It turned out he had to activate the RPC server somewhere in settings before the printer would install. Not sure if this is of help?

johnnyrocker 18:26 23 Apr 04

thanks for taking the trouble but i am not trying to install anything but machine appears a bit flakey today with one thing or another.

Valvegrid 18:29 23 Apr 04

Computers! What would we do without them :-) Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…