RPC and Messenger Service

oops1890 16:49 31 Aug 04

I had some viruses and trojans on my home computer which I managed to get rid of using McAfee, but now I keep getting virus scan alerts telling me viruses and trojans (musso, startpage-EH) have been found and have been deleted. Occasionally it will say that they are uncleanable and the move to quarantine has failed. Furthermore, recently I keep getting grey boxes appearing with the title Messenger Service telling me I need updates and to go to sites called things like updatenow.org which don't sound too trustworthy. Also, spybot tells me there are registry changes involving explore32 (which was the infected part of my computer, I think) that I have to accept or deny, I always deny, but the box keeps reappearing and eventually another grey box appears telling me that the Remote Procedure call has been disrupted in some way and the system will shutdown in 60 seconds. I have windows separated in to 5 differnt user accounts and all the others work fine except mine. I'm confused, what can I do?

VoG II 16:58 31 Aug 04

Start, Run, type in

shutdown -a

to strp it from shutting down.

Go to Windows Update and download all of the critical updates.

Run Stinger click here

Update your anti-virus definitions and run a scan.

Turn off Messenger Service click here

Androcles 16:58 31 Aug 04

First go here:-click here
Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP and have a read,then disable messenger service as suggested.Then disable system restore and carry out your usual virus scans etc.Then re-enable system restore.Hope this helps.

The Earl Of Sabden 17:02 31 Aug 04

What Operating System are you using?

The RPC (Remote Procedure Call) countdown box is a Virus called 'blasterw32'. To remove it click here...... click here

oops1890 17:04 31 Aug 04

XP Pro

oops1890 17:35 31 Aug 04

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…