rp614 setup

mdob 20:54 14 Nov 06

i just got a rp614v4 router.
to use with the ntl stb to connect my pc and xbox 360.
i connect everything together and restart everything,start the wizard and it looks for a connection and detects a static ip address,or i get to restart everything which just takes me back to the same screen.if i enter the ip address it doesnt connect?
i am told the router and the ntl are both dynamic(automatic) and not to enter the static ip address.
what do i need to do?

mgmcc 01:12 15 Nov 06

The router needs to get the IP address by DHCP from the ISP. The wizard might actually be making the process of setting up more complex than it actually is. With Cable broadband, you just set it to get its IP address automatically and that's it. Different routers have different descriptions but something like Direct Connection or DHCP. You should be able to access the router's Setup pages by entering 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your web browser.

mdob 20:22 15 Nov 06

i dont get that choice,i get to use the wizard or go manual,if i use the wizard it just keeps detecting the static ip address or restarting,if i go manual i just check it all dynamic but it still doesnt connect?

mgmcc 23:24 15 Nov 06

Just configure the router to get the address from NTL, don't try to enter it yourself and you should get online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…