Roxio and XP CD copying

bald eagle1 09:42 02 Mar 03

I have an Evesham XP1900 as recommended by Pcadvisor last year. I have an ongoing problem with CD copying using the bundled Roxio software (LG writer) causing buffer underuns amongst other things. Yet the biggest problem I have is while the software is installed I cannot use Windows own “copy to CD” feature where it is saved in a temp file and a balloon appears at the bottom of the screen informing of files waiting to be copied. As my brother is in a band and I am continually copying CD’s, I have to keep installing and uninstalling the software to copy files to CD (I prefer file copying in Windows rather than using Roxio).
Is there any way in Windows XP to copy CD’s or some way of stopping Roxio from removing the windows feature when installed?

Colin 12:04 02 Mar 03

I use both and don't have a problem with either, but that doesn't help you. I assume that you have Roxio's Easy CD Creator? With regard to the buffer underuns, do you have "Buffer Underrun Prevention" checked in the advanced options of Disc Copier? Also, you cannot have Windows Media Player running when using Roxio's disc copier, but if you do, you should receive a message saying that Windows Media Player is running, do you want Roxio to shut it down? To solve your problem, uninstall Roxio's software completely. To copy CD's in Windows Media Player you will need to first copy the source CD to your hard drive, then use the copy to CD function in Windows Media Player All these options are listed in the left hand pane of Windows Media Player. Please let the Forum know how you get on.

bald eagle1 21:34 02 Mar 03

Thanks for response. I am using easy CD creater and don't have media player running. The box is checked in the advanced options and I have the write speed as low as possible (8x if I remember correctly). I have copied a CD in media player as you have said but as it was a live album I ended up with a gap between each track so a minor niggle which is not a problem on normal albums.

froggg 22:44 02 Mar 03

I think xp actually uses roxio-maybe a conflict

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…