Roxio and web cam on a Dell

PC840 21:30 05 Sep 10

I've just reinstalled windows7 on my Dell laptop and now i don't have Roxio burning software or web cam softwre. Now I think it's right that the web cam software can be downloaded from Dell, but what about the Roxio? Any ideas?

northumbria61 23:07 05 Sep 10

This is the Official Roxio UK website - click here

northumbria61 23:09 05 Sep 10

Dell Support (drivers etc) here - click here

john bunyan 23:39 05 Sep 10

I have Roxio Creator 2010 installed on my W7 desktop.What version do you have? I bought mine on CD from Amazon. I think the latest is 2011. You can download it, but I prefer the disc,What back up did you make prior to the reinstall?
If it was pre installed by Dell as an OEM ,maybe they will supply a back up?

PC840 09:46 06 Sep 10

Thanks for the replies! I backed up all the data before the reinstall. But I assumed that the other software would be there somewhere on the disc. But it appears not! And as it is above my pay grade I am a bit wary of continuing! So any advice is welcome.

regards

john bunyan 10:08 06 Sep 10

I am not sure on this but laptops usually have a recovery hidden partition that contains the OEM software. How did you back up?
There is other free burning software.
Hopefully a laptop expert will comment

PC840 19:30 06 Sep 10

Well I have by accident (trying some video editing software) installed some web cam software and the web cam is up and running, again. But I would like to revert to the Dell software and Roxio. Any suggestions? Because I'm a little wary!

PC840 20:14 08 Sep 10

After some research, I've found that a version of Roxio can be downloaded from Dell. And an upgraded version of the webcam software, but it will not work! Because the drivers from the website have to be installed in the correct order. So how do I delete them?

PS To install PowerDVD you have to contact dell and ask for an installtion CD.

PC840 09:45 11 Sep 10

After much research and failures, I've decided to remain with the 3rd party web cam software!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…