Roxio Record Now deluxe

John-192053 17:11 27 Jul 06

I tried to install this application off the Aug 06 PCA DVD. As part of the installation it uninstalled an existing copy of Sonic Record Now.Fair enough, I was installing an upgrade, but then I got an error message:

Windows Installer

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

Anyone any ideas? I no longer have a DVD burner as the previous Record Now came packaged with the PC.

Diodorus Siculus 17:26 27 Jul 06

Try DeepBurner - Powerful CD and DVD burning package
click here

pj123 17:53 27 Jul 06

I think the message is clear. Don't install anything from Cover Discs unless you have backups.

Personally I never install anything from the cover discs, whatever magazine they come from.

Pineman100 18:38 27 Jul 06

I got exactly the same problem as Johnnybni. I gave up!

elchris 09:20 30 Aug 06

I did this too and installed CD burner xp pro to get over the matter , but now, sonic pops up and keeps trying to sort itself out .
I know we are told we are responsible for downloading any software off the magazine and no liabilty etc.and that we should back up all data ........ but, I trusted it ........stupidly .
Went to sonics website to try and get my original sonic application back , and yes, they don`t want to know about version 4 which I apparently have.
Now I can`t write cds dvds anymore cos of the error where sonic keeps trying to pop up ; have tried to remove sonic from the add and remove programs but although it is there, it shows no size ?
It`s my own fault, but I am now stuck
gggggggrrrrrrrrrr

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now